Wednesday, August 5, 2015

Surviving the Work Day

Taken in Alaska



     I never said where I work and without going into detail I can say I work in the legal field. Sometimes there is a great amount of pressure at work like deadlines and multiple personalities such as attorneys, co-workers, and others who I encounter on a daily basis.  There are days where I just want to scream and days where I wonder how I wound up at my job. Don’t get me wrong for the most part I like my job but there are days and people that make me question myself. Whatever the reason is  there are a few things I do so I can make it through the day.

Listen to music… I always carry my iPod with me everyday. I don’t really get a good signal in my building for a radio so I hear my iPod. I try to make new playlist or add new songs so I won’t get bored listening to the same thing over and over.


Take a break… sometimes you need that 15 minute break. If you never take breaks maybe you should. The world won’t end if you stop for 15 minutes to gather your thoughts. Pick up a book, walk around or call a friend if possible do something for yourself in those 15 minutes of however minutes you have. Check out and gather yourself again. You’ll come back a bit refreshed.

Go out for lunch… I’m not saying go out everyday but what I am saying is, it’s nice to get out of the office once in awhile. The little break from the office may make you feel better because you’re removed from the hostile or hectic environment.

Talk to a friend… It can be hard to find a genuine friend where you work. I find myself pretty lucky because I have a few of them. In fact I don’t work with all of them hand and hand everyday but I mange to talk to them from time to time. But be careful when making friends in the office. You're friend shouldn't be someone who lies, backstabs and mistreats you.

Internet…this can be hard because no everyone has the Internet or is monitored. However, there isn’t always bad news on the Internet and online window-shopping always clears the mind. If you don’t have the Internet like me (yes super ridicules) I use my phone. Or play with you iPad and pull up a movie on lunch break of course. 

Breath… yes. BREATH! Don’t let them get the best of you. Hold your breath and count to ten and exhale. It’s almost five o’clock and nearly the weekend. Start planning for the weekend and breath.

How do you survive a bad day at work?

-Melissa


No comments:

Post a Comment