Wednesday, September 9, 2015

My Least and Favorites Palette(s)







     There are just so many palettes out there that it can be a little overwhelming especially if you are new to makeup. When my friends ask me about beauty recommendations I always start off with works well for me and on to things I heard about. One of the questions I’ve been asked is about eyeshadow palettes. It’s quite an investment because for the most part they aren’t cheap. There are two that I love (one more than the other) and one I regret buying (the minute it came out).

The Good…

Naked Palette (the original)
This has everything you need for various looks. It has matte and shimmer shades. I love this for an everyday eye as well for dramatic looks. I love the color buck as a crease color and all over color. Hustle, is such a good outer V color. There are two colors I may never use but it’s still one of my favorites. The colors blend well and have good pigment. I just wish there were more matte colors.

Lorac Pro
Let me start off by saying I was really against buying this. I owned a small Lorac palette I purchased years ago and it was crap. I finally caved (no idea why) and I freaking love it! (That wasn’t too dramatic was it?) It has all the right colors for a day to night look. You seriously don’t need another palette; this one does all the work. Highlight color, check. All over color, check. Crease, check. I love using the shade mauve all over the lid and placing pewter on top, put a little sable in the crease with cream in the enter corners and you have my fall/winter look. These blend well and are so pigmented. Seriously, you need no other palette. This one is worth the money.

The Bad…

Naked Palette 2
Maybe it was my skin tone but I did not get along well with this one. I actually gave it away to my best friend. The colors didn’t work well and I feel this one doesn’t work well on it’s own. If I’m going to spend some good money on a palette I don’t feel I should be reaching for another to make a look. The colors are pretty but the mix of colors in this one just didn’t do it for me. It had good pigment but I felt the qualities of shadows were missing something. I feel it fail short from the original. Needless to say this was a fail.

What’s you least and favorite palette?


-Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment