Thursday, January 7, 2016

Empties #1






New year, new empties. You can tell I really had a thing for mascara and cleaning my brushes is just as important. Here are the latest items I ran out of.

Hair

Batiste Dry Shampoo
I did a blog post on this in the past but in short… this stuff works! I have very oily hair and had to wash it everyday. When I dyed my hair I had to cut back on washes and this didn’t make my scalp itch or have much or any residue.

Oscar Blandi Dry Styling Protecting Spray
Yes, it’s expensive but I find that using a dry protecting spray works much better than a spray.

Josie Maran 100% Pure Argan Oil
I use this religiously on my hair. I use four to five squeezes of this product and start at the ends of my hair and work up. Most of the product stays at the ends because that needs the most TLC.

Cleaning

Cinema Secrets Makeup Brush Cleaner
Although I liked this I won’t be repurchasing it. It has a strong scent but that’s not what bothered me. It was the fact this product clogs up the spray. I transferred it to another spray bottle and that clogged up. I tried running hot water various times on both bottles and neither unclogged.

Sephora Solid Brush Cleaner
I’ve used this so many times you probably hate hearing about it. I just love it because I feel the solid last longer than the Beauty Blender.

Makeup

Maybelline Mascara
Colossal Volume, The Rocket, Mega Plush and Lash Sensational, with each of these you have to give them a few applications before you can see how they ‘enhance’ your lashes. 

NARS Pro Prime Pro Refining Primer
This was the first primer that I ever used…that worked! I had forgotten how much I liked this primer. It doesn’t make my foundation last all day (but I haven’t found one that has) but it doesn’t break me out.

Hourglass Veil Mineral Primer
One of my favorites! It doesn’t break me out and works well with my current foundation.

MUFE Mat Velvet & Mattifying Foundation
I can say I’m not a fan of this foundation. Besides the fact I couldn’t really find my color it’s a full coverage foundation and I’m not a fan of it. I bought this long ago and just now finished it.

Physicals Formula
I called this eyeliner my ‘back-up’. It has an amazing staying power. It lasted all day and had great pigment. I wish they sold them separately.




-Melissa 

No comments:

Post a Comment