Sunday, June 19, 2016

How To Book The Right Hotel







    If you’re not use to traveling finding the right hotel can be daunting. Sure you’re technically just ‘sleeping there’ but is it close to where you’re going? How much is it? Despite the idea of ‘just sleeping there’ reviews can make a difference. You’re not only sleeping there but I’m sure you also want to shower there too?

Ask Around/Get An Idea Of Where You Want to Stay
One of the first things I do when I’ve decided my destination is ask around to see if anyone has been to where I’m going. If so I ask for suggestions on neighborhoods they recommend and which they suggest to avoid. Although they might not know all the neighborhoods it gives me a starting point. If no one I know has been to where I’m going then I head to the Internet to read blogs.

Google Maps
I always visit Google Maps to search hotels. I look for hotels closer to the area I will mostly visit and one that has a subway close by (if that’s there main form of transportation). If I’m looking for a hotel out of the country and I want to take a shuttle I make sure the shuttle (via their website, like Super Shuttle) can go to that zip code. Yes, I’ve picked a hotel they weren’t able to go to.

Tripadvisor
Check the hotel! Read the reviews, check what amenities the hotel(s) carry and the distance to main attractions. Look for shuttles, free parking and air conditioning. Some international hotels don’t have A/C so make sure to check.

Price
Lastly, make sure your not going over your price range. In other words you don’t have to break the bank to find a decent hotel. Look for discount codes and use Ebates when booking hotels. Ebates offers cash back on hotels the amount varies though so check the site for details. Also, check the actual hotel site. Sometimes the hotel site is cheaper than booking say through Orbitz with a discount code. Remember when you stay also affects the price. Summer is usually higher but so can winter depending on the city.

Happy booking!

-Melissa


No comments:

Post a Comment