Thursday, September 24, 2015

Sephora Play





     Joining the likes of Ipsy, Birchbox and countless other subscription boxes is Sephora with Sephora Play. This works pretty much the same way as other boxes. You receive four to five deluxe or samples size products (how ever you see it) each month. There is no personality quiz to customize your likes everything is picked out for you. It comes shipped in a nice box with paper like Birchbox. In the box you receive a mini booklet with a fun fact related to each product.

I’m sure you’ve seen the pictures floating around on the Internet of this month’s first box but seeing it just makes this box a reality. This month’s box included a mini Marc Jacob’s Highliner in Blacquer. I’ve never tried anything from the brand Ole Henriksen but it’s a brand I’ve always wanted to try.

Everybody loves lip product right? From the Sephora Collection Rouge Infusion in Peony, this lippy is a pinky/peach color. (Is it me but I see them sending a lot of Sephora products). GlamGlow is what makes this box. If you have ever tried or seen GlamGlow you know it’s a pricey product. This is a great sample size and in my opinion worth the cost of the box alone. Bumble and Bumble is a hairline that is worth the money. This last item was a sample size of Elizabeth and James Nirvana White.

The best thing about this service is that it counts toward your points. It cost $10 a month plus tax (yes, there is tax added) but they give free shipping. This box was shipped out Friday and I received it Monday, I’m not sure if it’s because I have two day shipping but I received it pretty fast. I’m not sure if this will be every month thing but in the back of the booklet was a card to receive 50 additional points with any purchase made at Sephora.


There are only two downsides to this. 1) Right now you have to be invited to receive this box. Starting next year it will ‘roll out’. 2) Because you don’t take a personality test you get what they give you (at least that’s what it seems right now). Despite all this, I know what brands Sephora carries in their stores so I know it won’t be a random brand I never heard of. I really like this months box; I can’t wait till next month!

-Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment