Monday, September 14, 2015

My Morning Routine





    I hardly break out but when I do it’s an all out war on acne. I broke out this summer, it's been me vs. my face... I think I’m winning. I’ve mentioned it before but if you’re new to my blog I have Rosacea not to mention my skin is oily and sensitive. It took some time to find products that work with my skin. Even products that claim they are ‘sensitive’ can irate my skin. I've found a routine that has been working so far, but with this is me cutting back on caffeine. I'm addicted to ice tea. 

I use Cetaphil Daily Facial Cleaner, every morning. I wash my entire face with this. It doesn’t have a smell and doesn’t irate my skin. It's the best product for someone who has sensitive skin. It's very gentle on the skin. 

Since I'm currently at war with my acne I have been using Clean and Clear Advantage Acne Control; but because on my skin I use this only on the places where I currently have acne. Lucky for me I only get it on the bottom half of my face. I rub this in for 30 seconds and rinse.

Cetaphil Daily Facial Moisturizer is another great product for those with sensitive skin. There is a light smell but goes away quickly so it’s not even an issue. It’s important to use a moisturizer with some SPF especially when you have Rosacea but it's a good idea regardless. Your face needs all the protection you can get.


When it’s really hot outside (nearly year round in Houston), I reach for some additional help. Hello SPF! I wanted something with a high SPF content but something that won’t make my skin breakout. I have been using First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Pure Mineral Sunscreen Moisturizer with an SPF of 40. It is a very pricey SPF but it’s worth investing in especially when it comes to the skin. A lot of the sunscreens I've tried have broken me out and this one doesn't. I just wish the price was a little cheaper  ($30) but avoiding the cost of a dermatologist sounds better. 

-Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment