Monday, March 14, 2016

How I Manage My Skin Before and After a Flight







   When you read this I will be on my way to Hungry. If there is one thing I have learned is to keep my skin moisturized. It never fails, every time I get off a plane the next day my skin breaks out. I’ve learned there are a few things I need to keep handy, pre-flight, pre-exiting (the plane) and at night. I thought I’d share this routine with you in case this dilemma sounds like you. …


Pre-Flight
When I wake up I brush my teeth and wash my face. I use Crest 3D for my teeth and Chilpill for my face. Since I’ll be on the plane and all that dry air will be hurting my skin I use moisturizer with an SPF. Because I have Roseasa I have to always have some SPF. Not only do I have to think about my face but my lips too. Vaseline Lip Therapy is it, it's also very hydrating.... better than chapstick!


Pre-Exiting
15 to 20 minutes before we land I take out my facial wipes. I use the travel size Ponds Wet Cleansing Towelettes; these are super handy and easy to carry on a plane. (Who ever thought of travel size items –genius) Since all the moisture has been ripped out of my skin (so dramatic) due to the cabin pressure, I use Josie Maran Aragan Oil on my face and message it into my skin. This gives my skin back some moisture so it’s not working overtime. I still need to wear an SPF so I’ll use whatever I decide to carry.



Night
I normally wipe my face with another Ponds Wet Cleansing Towelettes and then go back and clean with my First Aid Beauty Facial Wash. I still need to add moisture and I do so with Frist Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Cream.  For the area under my eyes I use Origins Eye Doctor and for lips my Vaseline Lip Therapy.  I also sometimes use a Salic acid because I am allergic to benzoyl peroxide, so I use Clean and Clears Advanced Acne Spot Treatment. I love this stuff! This is the only stuff that has worked for me that doesn’t make my skin react negatively.



It sounds like a lot of work but it keeps me from breaking out and that’s something I’d like to avoid. I'd like to enjoy my vacation and not worry about my skin.

-Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment