Wednesday, July 23, 2014

What’s in my Carry On!

          

        Friday, I am leaving for London and Paris. I’ve waited years for this trip and now it’s finally come. Despite if your leaving out of the country or taking a domestic flight, maybe I can offer an idea or remind you what you need to pack.

            I’m taking my Jansport backpack. I take this every time I travel. It’s easy to carry and I’ll end up using it when I go from place to place. My number one essential is to always carry a book; in this case it’s the Hunger Games: The Mocking Jay. I can’t go anywhere without my ipod. Kleenex, hair tie and a pen, you never know when you’ll need them. For me it also means carrying antacids; I kid you not each time I go on vacation I get sick.



            It’s a 10-hour flight, so in the event someone doesn’t put the blinds down I have an eye mask. Gum, because sometimes earplugs aren’t enough. In my bag are also my liquids. Every time I exit a flight my skin gets dry and I breakout. My little quart bag contains the following: moisturizer, hand cream, body lotion, sunscreen, travel size facial wipes, anti-bacterial hand gel, Jack Black: Intense Therapy Lip Balm SPF 25, Josie Maran Argan Oil and toothpaste.

            Also in my bag are are a pair of short, t-shirt and some socks. I’ve heard a couple of horror stories about people losing their luggage on an international flight. Yeaaah…no thanks. I have a book of London in my backpack, to look over once or twice more. A folder, which I always carry; inside is everything important I need. From the hotel/flight information, to travel maps of London and Paris to copies of my passport and ID (that I was told to make) are inside that folder. Last but not least are my passport, wallet (not pictured), camera and my electronic cords (not pictured).



            It maybe heavy to carry but it’s everything I need that important to me. If I lost my suitcase I’d still have the most important stuff with me. Now to get the 10-hour fight over with!


-Melissa


No comments:

Post a Comment