Monday, April 27, 2015

Sephora VIB Haul




I did some damage… to my account. I validate everything with ‘it’s cheaper right now’. If you’re like me you pick up everything you use on a daily bases. Once that’s done you move on to ‘deals’. Then you move on to ‘it’s so pretty not to pass up’.

Rundown:
  • Hourglass Veil Mineral Primer
  • Tarte LipSurgence –Blushing Bride
  • Sephora Favorites: Time to Prime
  • Boscia Makeup-Breakup Cool Cleansing Oil
  • Sephora Solid Brush Cleaner
  • Urban Decay Naked Skin Weightless Complete Coverage Concealer –Med Nu.
  • Sephora Lotus & Pomegranate Eye Mask
  • Josie Maran 100% Pure Argan Oil
  • Laura Mercier Smooth Finish Flawless Fluide –Honey
  • Cinema Secrets Makeup Brush Cleaner
  • Sephora pot and pump
  • First Aid Beauty Oil Free Mattifying Gel    



I use Hourglass’s Veil Mineral Primer everyday. If you read any of my other blogs you know this is my ‘holy grail’ of primers.

After hearing about all the rave reviews I caved. I purchased Urban Decays Naked Skin Weightless Complete Coverage Concealer in Medium Neutral. I use this to cover any breakout and any redness on my face. So far so good.

I love to clean my Beauty Blender with Sephora’s Solid Brush Cleaner. It’s a little cheaper that the Beauty Blenders version and you get a little more.

I went to one of Sephora’s makeup classes (I forgot my phone to take pictures!). The class was called ‘perfectly paired lip and cheek’ and after trying so many products I walked out with Tarte’s LipSurgence in Blushing Bride. I didn’t notice in the store the slight burn till I re-touched my lipstick when I got home with the one I bought. It’s not something I like but I do like the color.

Sephora comes out with the some good Sephora Favorites…sometimes. Sometimes they can be a ‘hit or miss’. I wanted the lip primer from Bite that I tried at the Sephora class. This set has that primer and other primers to try out. Not only does it have my favorite… Hourglass, but it also a lash primer from Urban Decay, base coat from Formula X, eye primer from Smashbox and a prime for the hair from Living Proof. (I will do a review on this).

I wanted to try Sephora’s Eye Mask, so I purchased two: the Lotus and the Pomegranate. The Lotus is targeted for moisturizing and soothing; the pomegranate is target for anti-fatigue and energizing.

Shiseido Facial Cotton pads are the softest pads to remove makeup. Yes, it’s pricey but it doesn’t have those sharp bits that sometime cotton balls have.

Boscia Makeup-Breakup Cool Cleansing Oil is great at taking off my makeup and it doesn’t irate my skin, which is always a plus.

Josie Maran 100% Pure Argan Oil is probably the only oil I put in my hair.

Laura Mercier Smooth Finish Flawless Fluide in Honey because I ran out and it’s very lightweight.

Cinema Secrets Makeup Brush Cleaner is a brand I remember seeing at IMATS that I wanted but never bought. I’m also running out of my current brush cleaner so it was a perfect time to try this stuff out.

First Aid Beauty Oil Free Mattifying Gel, because I’ve haven’t had any problems with any of there products. I haven’t seen a review on this but I decided to take a chance.
Sephora pot because it would be great for travel and it’s a good size and the bottle with the pump to place my eye makeup remover in.

A Sephora clutch that would be great as a makeup bag which I will probably end up giving it away. It’s cute but I seriously don’t need any more bags.

No more makeup for me for a while at least that’s what I say now.












-Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment