Monday, December 29, 2014

Products That Changed My Year/2014 Favorites




     This was a hard post to write. I had to really think about what products I tried for the first time this year, more so the products that I can’t live without or that are part of my routine now. Finding products that changed my year was pretty difficult. Saying a product ‘changed my year’ is a bold statement. I’ve tried different foundations, eyeliners, mascaras and other products because of either hype, I wanted to find an alternative to something or it was recommended. After thinking long and hard (for many days), I think I’ve gotten them all. Some I’ve mentioned, some you’re reading about the first time. Each one of these products have helped me in different ways, some have made things better.

Face:
Hourglass Veil Mineral Primer, one of the best primers I have ever tried. It lives up to its hype and I’m not one to fall into hypes. This doesn’t make my face oiler than it already is and helps my foundations stay on longer. I’ve tried this with different foundations though the year and it hasn’t failed any.

Cetaphil Face Wash is my go-to facial wash. My dermatologist recommended this when I first learned I had Rosacea. It’s very gentle to the skin and doesn’t have a smell. I recommend this for everyone, especially anyone who has sensitive skin.

Eyes:
Botanic Eye Makeup Removal is one of the best eye makeup removers I have tried. It wipes away waterproof mascara like nothing. I use to swear by my Maybelline Waterproof Eye Makeup but after trying this, I will not be going back. I put a small amount on a cotton ball and leave it one the eyelid for 30 seconds. It is an oil based remover so you will have to shake it before you use it.

NARS Eye Primer, I had to learn why this was amazing.  What I mean is, despite me hearing rave reviews on YouTube I was still spectacle. When someone tells me they have oily lids I tend to roll my eyes. I have an oil slick on my lids. I have to put quite a bit for it to work but my eye shadow never creases with this one. It keeps the shadow there all day. 

Origins Eye Doctor, this has helped regain the moisturizer back under my eyes. I love it! Within a couple of weeks I noticed a difference, the makeup (tinted eye corrector) I place under my eyes no longer looked like the lines sucked it in.

Lorac palette, lately this has been my go to palette. I just love the color pewter. It’s a great all over the lid color with espresso in the cress. You could do so much with this palette. I love it and this is coming from someone who isn’t a fan of Lorac. I’ve eaten my words on this one. Lets not talk about that though.

Body:
Tree Hut Sea Sugar Scrubs, I mentioned before changed my life! I have to use this everyday (thought sometimes I skip a day); I just love it that much. I take fair amount and rub this under my arms after I’m done with soap. This keeps my deodorant lasting all day.

First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Cream, this is a sensitive skin girls dream. One, it works. Two, it doesn’t cause me to itch, turn red or have any sort of allergic relation. It’s gentle and doesn’t have a strong scent.

Julep Instant Warming Foot Scrub, I’ve never mentioned this but this is my go-to foot scrub. It’s grainy and there is a bit of a hot sensation when you place it on your feet but it feels so good. My friend is a Maven so I get her to purchase this over and over again for me. My feet never felt so much better.

Brushes:
Real Techniques Setting Brush, another product that lives up to its hype. I don’t use it to set powder, I use this to blur out eye tint I use under my eyes. I got the idea from Lilly Pebbles (YouTuber/Blogger).

Real Techniques Shading Brush, is a great brush for the inner corners of the eye. Its bristles and the way it’s structured make it so easy to apply eye shadow in the corners.

Perfume:
Chanel Coco Mademoiselle (eau de Parfum), smells like what a lady should be. It’s a very unique smell, think Chanel No.5 but lighter. It’s said to be a fresh oriental fragrance. It’s a bit pricey but it’s Chanel... and it smell so good. 

What is your favorite product of 2014?

-Melissa


No comments:

Post a Comment