Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Winter Skin Help





     I love winter, except our area really doesn’t get too cold. Our idea of cold is 30 degrees, and everyone I know usually freaks out, except a few such as myself. With colder temperature my skin (like everyone else’s) always needs a little help. My skin only gets dry in the winter. I am not a huge fan of anything that has a scent. I’m not sensitive to scents, I wear perfume and I want that to be what I smell not a lotion. I find it quite hard to find a lotion that doesn’t have an overwhelming scent but also a lotion that won’t feel oily or make it oilier than it already is, rather oilier than it need to be. These are a few of my favorite lotions that have helped my skin.

L'Occitane Shea Butter Ultra Rich Body Lotion: This is lotion goes on light. There is hardly a smell to this lotion.  It is quite pricey compared to other lotions I’ve seen but if you feel like splurging this would be a good treat.

Bliss Lemon+Sage Body Butter Maximum Moisture Cream: It smells like a spa. Need I say more? It’s one of the few lotions that I can wear alone.

First Aid Beauty, Ultra Repair Cream: I’ve talked about this product quite often, but since this is a post about moisture I’ll rave about it again. First Aid Beauty is known for their products being suitable for sensitive skin and I find that to be true. I have used this product just about every day. It has a very faint smell; I can nearly say it has no smell at all.

The Body Shop, Shea Body Butter: I’ve heard people rave about Body Shop products but I can’t get pass the smell of most of them. They stink! They have a horrible smell to them. Am I the only one who thinks this? Out of all of them this one smelled somewhat better. Despite the smell it works really well. **cringe** I have to admit, I thought this would go on very heavy but it really doesn’t. It does its job and the smell doesn’t linger too long. I use this a night on my legs because they were looking pretty bad and after a couple of uses, they looked like legs again. I don’t care for the packaging because the lotion can get in my nails but I am willing to over look that.

Bath & Body Works, Merry Marshmallow: I’m not sure if this is still in stock or if it even came out this year (since I am unfamiliar with Bath and Body in general); but this smells…. yummy.

Peter Thomas Roth Mega-Rich Body Lotion: Yes, this is a pricey lotion but it works like magic. If I could afford to use this all the time I would. Out of all the lotions this is my favorite. It works really quickly to combat the dryness.

L'Occitane Hand Cream, Shea Butter + Pivoine Flora: The Shea Butter hand cream is always in my purse. It’s a thick hand cream, so a little goes a long way. The Pivoine Flora smells like roses. If you like roses this hand cream is for you.

L'Occitane Shea Butter Foot Cream: Let’s not forget the feet. This is just like the hand cream in every way except for feet. It has the same consistency and smell of the hand lotion.

What’s your favorite?

-Melissa


No comments:

Post a Comment