Monday, February 9, 2015

Being Dependent on Makeup






When I think of all the times I have to put some sort of makeup before I leave the house, I begin to think ‘when did I become this person’? Am I that depend on makeup? When I was in middle school I would wear Cover Girls’ compact in a shade that was too light for me. To top it off, I wore a red lipstick to ‘compliment’ it so I thought. When I was in high school all I wore was eyeliner, nothing else. My look has differently charged over the years.

I’ve notice there really isn’t a day I don’t step outside without makeup. It’s not that I don’t want to but in my head I hear a little voice that says ‘you’re going out like that?’ I have a lot of scaring under my skin that I want to hide so I usually use that as an excuse. It shouldn’t be that way. I should be more confident to step outside without it.

I decided to start wearing makeup only six days a week (Monday’s to Saturday), giving my skin a break on Sundays. I have to start somewhere. I call it baby steps to get myself from being so dependent on makeup. It also gives my skin some R&R. I should be the one who wears the makeup not the other way around


-Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment