Sunday, March 29, 2015

I’m back from Vacation!







Honestly I could use another one. I went to New York a couple of weeks ago with my mom, who can’t really walk. That was pretty difficult since New York relies on a subway system more than anything. I did take my first New York taxi and the driver was super nice. He chatted with my mom when were on our way to the tapping of ABC’s the Chew. If you’ve never seen the Chew, see it! My mom’s a big fan of the show and I’ve seen a couple of episodes and it’s pretty neat.

I didn’t get to shop at all just around Time Square because she would get tired. We were always back at the hotel by 5 because at her age (66), she’s having a hard time walking. She always wanted to see the Empire State Building and that was why I took her, it also gave my dad a break (joking). We were able to see the Stuate of Liberty, Ellis Island, the 9/11 Memorial and Rockefeller Central. Her favorite part of the trip was not only the Chew but also St. Patrick’s Cathedral. Let’s not forget Macy’s! She (rather we) spent three hours looking around.

The downside was when we headed to the airport to find out our flight was cancelled. Supposedly everyone was notified but me. They didn’t have another flight out till a day later and my mom was ready to get back to my dad. My dad has diabetes’s and my brother stayed with him as a precaution but he’s in good health… as expected. So $1200 later I was on a United Flight that day headed back home in the snow. Odd how one airliner fly’s during snow and the other doesn’t, we assumed it had to do with the plane. Other than that step back it was an okay trip. I think next time I’ll find a city where I have to drive when I travel with her. It’s pretty funny…now.

Enjoy a few of my un-edited pictures. J










The reason why our flight cancelled.


-Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment