Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Primer for Oily Eyes



            Finding an eye primer can be difficult when you have oily lids. You try multiple brands that bloggers (such as myself) say they use but they don’t work. If you’re anything like me: makeup doesn’t last a full day with out a touch up, you’re eye shadow creases within hours and you’ve resorted to blotting you’re lids/face at least twice a day…there are three primers I’ve used that actually do the job. One of them I’m repurchasing for sure.

Too Faced Shadow Insurance
I’ve had the ladies at Sephora tell me ‘it doesn’t work’ with oily lids and to try Urban Decay. Urban Decay doesn’t work for me, this does. I place a good amount on my lids and I don’t really have to worry about eye shadow. It last about six to seven hours sometimes more depending on how much I place on my lids. I like the packaging because it’s easy to get the product out when you’re trying to get the last bit left. It’s also affordable for a luxury brand at $20 for 0.35 oz.

NARS Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base
Every single blogger has raved about this and rightfully so. The only downside I see is that you have to use a good amount if you have really oily lids like myself. My shadow has lasted all day from eight to ten hours with this primer, which in itself is a good thing. My shadow doesn’t crease and it’s very smooth on the lids. It’s pretty expensive for $25 for .26 oz of this tube but it’s worth it. The only downside is the packaging of the product. I cannot tell how much I have and I’m unable to break the packaging to get the little that is left.

Smashbox 24 Hour Photo Finish Shadow Primer

I have been using a sample sized of this primer for the last month or so.  I got it in a Sephora box of primers I bought a while back. Why haven’t I tried this sooner! Dare I say this is better then NARS? This helped my shadow last for ten hours + without it creasing. A little bit of this product goes a long way. The price for this primer is $20 for .41 oz, which isn’t bad at all compared to the other two primers I mentioned. The packaging of this product is the same of the Too Faced primer; it’s easy to cut into when you’re running low. This will be definitely be a repurchased of mine. 


-Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment