Thursday, August 28, 2014

Just an Idea on How to Store Makeup Brushes.



      For a long time I wasn’t sure how I wanted to store my makeup brushes. I have limited space, so I don’t have the luxury of having one drawer dedicated solely to brushes. Also, the thought of my brushes staying out like that bothers me. The words ‘dust’ kept popping up in head. I kept wondering when the time came that I needed a brush, would I have to spot clean it every time, what if I was in a rush?

      Although this isn’t the ‘best’ method, it works for me. I decided I wanted to store them in a clear container; it also helps to see what I have. When I first receive a brush I always wash it, I don’t spot clean it. Two reasons why, I have no idea if someone may have used it before me (returns) and bacteria (you never know). Once it’s dried I place it in a box.

       I’ve tried my best to separate my brushes but I keep buying brushes (thank you blogs and YouTube). Slowly but surely I’ve had to buy more containers but the positive thing is I can always use the last container for something else. There hasn’t been an instance when I have an unused container. So a good idea is to buying a bigger container than you need if you know you'll end up buying more brushes. 





      All the containers were purchased at the Container Store. These have worked great from keeping the dust away. With this method the brushes stay clean, side note: I actually clean the container itself. Sadly, I can no longer find the large containers at the Container Store.

      I’m sure the day will come when I’ll have to find a new method of storing them, but if you have a small/medium collection of brushes this may work for you. It’s been working for me so far and I can’t complain.


-Mel

No comments:

Post a Comment