Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Sleek Au Naturel Palette





         I’ve heard rave reviews about Sleek, from many British YouTubers and blogs. It was time that I find out for myself. On vacation I made it my mission to find an eye shadow palette from them. When I try new products I usually go for the eyeliner first, then the eye shadow. Based on rave reviews I decided to go straight to the eye shadow.

         I wanted a palette that I knew I would wear. Something everyday and not something I would use sometimes or only during one season. I wanted a palette that would benefit me year round. I wear a lot of brown, natural, matte (sometimes satin) colors most times of the year, in the winter I may add a bit of shimmer.

         Enter the Au Natuel Palette by Sleek, a mineral based eye shadow palette. I used this product with my NARS Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base, it lasted the entire day from 7 a.m. to 6 p.m., when I came home from work. Yes, primer has something to do with it but the shadow also plays a role.




         During the weekend I have been reaching for this palette for a simple everyday look. I have been sweeping cappuccino all over the lid; add liner, mascara and I’m done. When you live in a city whose temperatures have reached over 100 degrees, less feels better on the face.
Left to Right/ Natural Light / No Flash
Conker / Moss /Bark / Mineral Earth / Regal / Noir

Left to Right / Natural Light / No Flash
Nougart / Nubuck / Cappuccino / Honeycomb / Toast / Taupe


The colors are very pigmented and blended very well. There is a tiny bit of fall out but nothing excessive, just remember to tap the brush prior to application. There is a mixture of colors. Most colors are matte except for four which are Conker, Mineral Earth, Moss and Taupe have what seems to have gold flex.


















It’s a beautiful palette. I can’t wait to really build up the darker colors in fall.


-Mel

No comments:

Post a Comment