Thursday, October 30, 2014

My Everyday Makeup





I don’t wake on time like I should. It takes me about 15 minutes to put my makeup on when I’m in a rush, but somehow it takes me a lot longer when I’m not in a rush. Go figure. Everyday I put basically the same thing minus the lipstick and eyeliner (maybe). After a fresh clean face, moisturizer and eye cream, I like to start with the basics…

  •  I prime my eyes with NARS Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base. I need quite a bit of this on my eyes so that my eye makeup won’t crease through the day. I have oily eyelids and this works pretty well. 
  •  I prime my face with Hourglass Veil Mineral Primer; this doesn’t make me break out and it works. 
  • I use one color from the Urban Decay Naked Palette; all over the lids (Buck) when I’m in a rush. When I have those extra minutes I’ll place Naked all over the lid, Buck on top and Hustle in the outer V and blend.
  • I’ve been using Givenchy Photo Perfexion Fluid Foundation in 5 (Perfect Praline). It’s a very sheer foundation, that isn’t cakey and feels very light on the face.
  • I am absolutely in love with Bobbi Browns Tinted Eye Brighter in Light to Medium Peach 7. I use my Real Techniques Setting Brush to blend it out… it works.
  • It’s actually the only brush I use, Bobbi Brown in Tawny. I use it very lightly to give myself a little color.
  • Back to the eyes. I use Clinique’s Quickliner for Eyes in Dark Chocolate, on the upper eyelid.
  • My choice of mascara at the moment is Maybelline’s Mega Plush in Waterproof; this mascara gives my eyelashes a very natural look. It doesn’t over dramatize my lashes, which I love; I love a natural look to the eyes.
  • My lipstick can change from time to time. Currently I’ve been using Mac’s Retro. It’s a like a berry red but doesn’t seem that way when you first look at it. But before the lipstick I put Mac’s Lip Primer, this not only makes my lipstick last longer, it helps my lips from severely chapping.
  • When I remember I use Rimmel’s Stay Matte Pressed Powder…actually when I’m not rushing out the door.


-Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment