Monday, May 11, 2015

Prep, Prime and Apply







     A couple of week’s back I talked about a class I took at Sephora called ‘Perfectly Paired Lip and Cheek’. A lot of things I was already doing but I learned my techniques by trial and error. Some techniques were new to me and it was an eye opener like ‘why didn’t I think of that’.  I don’t always use a lip scrub every single time to apply lipstick. I may not always remember to prime when I’m in a rush but these are a couple of tips that I have been doing and some I learned.

Prep & Prime

Apply a scrub to your lips; you can use your fingers or a baby tooth brush to work it in there.

To scrub off - gently wipe away with a tissue or rinse with water.

Apply a lip balm to moisturize the lips.

Apply a lip primer on your lips, this helps the products to not only stay a longer but to really show the color.


Applying the Lipstick

Optional- Use a lip pencil to trace your lips. For fuller lips go a little above your natural lip line.

Fill in your lips with your lip liner for more staying power

Apply your lipstick.

Use a lip or eye brush and sweep inward if you have access (lipstick) on the edge of your lips.

Use concealer around the mouth to hide an lipstick mistakes.


Hope this helped!

-Melissa 


No comments:

Post a Comment