Tuesday, September 16, 2014

September Ispy Bag






            I don’t think I’ve ever been so happy with my Ipsy bag. They’re like little monthly treats that curve that makeup fix you've been looking for. When you receive a bag with something you like you’re of course happy, when you get an entire bag with products you actually like and will use, well you’re just over the moon.

            I love to try different makeup brushes brands. I already liked Crown Brushes but to get a duo, it’s like a double score! 

            I have never heard of the brand Hikari. Lipstick and I aren’t very good together. I can never pick a good shade for myself, it either washes me out or it looks like something I already own. I was a little timid of this shade cabernet, but once I put it on... wow. It actually works well with my skin. It also has a pretty good staying power. After a couple of hours (about four) you'd think my lips were stained, I did use a lip primer though.

            I’m not a fan of Pacifica. I have not liked anything I’ve received from this brand. However, they sent me an eyeliner and in brown. It’s decent, it was easy to apply. With some brands of pencil liner like NYX it takes a while to build a good line. With this liner I had no problem, in fact it lasted longer than I expected it to. After a couple of hours (maybe five) you could see some fading but nothing massive, again i'm surprised.

            LeeAnni Eco 3-in-1 Revolution Light, is a toner, serum and moisturizer in one. It’s not a bad product; I wore sunscreen over it and didn’t break me out anything. I didn’t have a bad reaction to it, which is great!

            I saw Briogeo on the Sephora website while I browsing for deep conditioners. When I received it in my Ipsy bag, well I was pretty happy. I have thick hair and a lot of it. After I using this I added Josie Maran’s 100% Pure Argan Oil and let my hair towel dry, I didn’t have that morning frizzy hair I sometimes have with conditioners. I like it and we have a very humid climate here and it worked great. I probably wouldn’t buy this all the time it’s pretty pricy at regular price ($26, on Sephora's website) but maybe if I feel like a little splurge.

I’m curious, what did you get in your Ipsy bag that you liked? I’d love to know. 


-Mel

No comments:

Post a Comment