Thursday, September 11, 2014

Sephora's Solid Brush Cleaner



Sorry I that I’ve been a bit MIA, once the season starts changing here (Houston) my body say’s “hello” to allergies let’s not forget it’s friend sinus. Now that I am feeling a bit better I wanted to share with you my latest find. For a while I would clean my Beauty Blender with only the Beauty Blender Solid, but I’ve come across a dupe for this. Have you meet Sephora’s Solid Brush Cleaner?




                





           I actually prefer Sephora’s Solid Brush Cleaner and here’s why. It’s not as drying as the Beauty Blender. Maybe it’s me but I feel that in no time at all my sponges seem dried out. They lose their color quick and maybe that has to do with washing it every day but I don’t see this affect as much with Sephora’s brand. I’ve been using Sephora’s version and I don’t see it as drying as Beauty Blender. It does have a smell to it; I can smell the argon oil and a bit of coconut that it contains. It’s not a harsh smell; it’s a nice, clean smell.

                It’s a nice size. You get 1.1 oz, with Beauty Blender you get 1.0 oz. The price ($14) is nearly the same (as well as the weight) but one thing you get with Sephora’s is a mini round brush scrubbing pad. The texture of the mini scrubbing pad, reminds me of the Sigma Glove (Yes, I own one and I actually really like it).


Before
After


              





            
           One word of advice if you decide to try it: It states to let the bar dry before placing it back in the container. Do so! I still can’t get it out of the container; I may have to get a knife to get it out; I don’t want to but I may have to just to get it out. Nevertheless, I really like that it doesn’t seem to dry out my Beauty Blender as fast. You’re only supposed to keep the blender for about three months but at around $20, I'd like to use mine a little longer if I can.


-Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment