Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Stilla Smudge Stick Waterproof Eyeliner



With Stilla products it’s hit or miss for me. I find their eye shadows have a lot of fallout but their concealer works pretty good (gets the job done). I was very hesitant in trying out their Smudge Stick Waterproof Eyeliner. Only when I received it in an ipsy bag a couple of months bag I tried it. I really didn’t care for the color; don’t get me wrong, the color is nice but not for me.


Fast forward to last month when I read on Sephora’s website they had other colors. The curiosity in me came out; to tell you the truth I don’t know why I looked at Stilla products in the first place. With eyeliners I know if I find a nice brown liner I like I’d be more wiling to try it. After a trip to Sephora (and tons of swatches) I found some colors that I actually liked.

Spice
Blue Ribbon
Black Amethyst

The good thing about these liners is that they apply very creamy, which helps if you decided to smudge it out. They last a very long time; mind you I do wear an eye primer. I have no issue when removing it with a waterproof makeup remover (that’s the only kind I buy). They’re also a very pigmented liner and for the price I’d hope so ($20, 0.01 oz.). They also have a pretty good selection of colors (I love their browns).

Now the bad. The only thing that I didn’t care for is the twisting of the product. It can be a bit annoying trying to get the product out. Beware when twisting, if you bring too much product out and you don’t need it, it will not retract. In other words, you’re stuck with whatever you twisted out.

There are a few more colors I want to get from this line such as Damsel and Espresso. I’m interested in trying their liquid liner but scared at the same time. Okay, I’m scared I may get hooked and my wallet my not like me for it.


-Mel

No comments:

Post a Comment