Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Product Backups (Makeup)?





         Backups, a word often used in a makeup guru’s vocabulary. I’m by no means a ‘guru’ but I do tend to buy backups (besides soap). Sometimes when you find that product that you just have to have and you know that there won’t be another opportunity soon to buy that product at discount, you buy a backup. Maybe, that product is a limited edition, you buy a backup. 

         If that eyeliner or mascara cost a pretty penny and they’re having a sale, I’ll buy a back up. There have been times when I ran out of a product and at the time I just didn’t have the funds for it. When Sephora has their VIB Sale, I always buy a back up of a couple of products. The following products are items I use on a daily basis and are my all time favorite. I mean, why would I spend my money on something I didn’t like? Right.   

On my list every time are products like, Clinique Quickliner for Eyes in Chocolate Brown, Josie Maran 100% Pure Argan Oil and the Blendercleanser solid by Beauty Blender. Yes, makeup expires. I won’t buy five eyeliners knowing I won’t use them all within a year. I may buy two, because in one year I will use three to four pencils of Clinique.

Keeping track of how many times you use something within the year, helps minimizes spending unnecessary money. There are times when keeping track is just impossible. I use OPI’s Nail Strengthener as a base coat. I cannot count how many times I use this within the year. However, when Ulta is having a sale I will pick up two because I know I will use it.

I know sometimes it seems ridiculous that people (including myself) spend money on backups but if it’s something you use everyday and may never find again, why not. After all, your who’s going to use.


-Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment