Monday, August 17, 2015

How I Prepare My Nails for Polish




     I am probably the weirdest when it comes to nails in the fact that I can’t stand having polish on my nails for more than 24 hours. I will rarely have polish on my nails (same color mind you) for more than two days, so going to get my nails done is a waste of money. Because I don’t like getting them done professionally I do them myself; I’m not trained nail technician nor am I an expert but I think I do a pretty good job.

1.    If my nails are too long and depending on the polish color I’ll cut them. I don’t like dark colors when my nails are long, they don’t look good on me. I’ll shape them if need be.

2.    Clean the nail- I like using Formula X’s by Sephora Nail Cleaner. It doesn’t smell and dry’s quick.

3.    Base Coat – My nails hardly break but they do chip, so I like using a nail strengthener like OPI’s Natural Nail Strengthener.

4.    Polish- Depending on what’s I’m wearing I try to coordinate. Since I work in a professional office wearing a blue is out of the question, I save that for the weekend.

5.    Top Coat- All the reviews on Seche Vite Dry Fast Top Coat are right! It does have a strong smell but it works really well.

6.    Cuticle cream- I really don’t have cuticles or they aren’t bad? But I do notice sometimes they get a little dry so I use Formula X by Sephora Erase Aha Cuticle Cream.



Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment