Sunday, May 29, 2016

Getting Summer Ready






     Every year as the temperature starts to rise in Texas, I dread it. Being near the coast (Houston) we don’t just experience heat but humidity, which can feel downright sticky. This is when I grab my four essential items that get me through summer. 

Skin
When the heat starts to hit and you start to sweat, your makeup goes. There’s no way of saving your makeup unless you go indoors (AC). Urban Decay’s De-Slick Makeup Setting Spray can’t possibility save your makeup in 90-decree heat but it helps more than most. Designed to control oil, I wear it coming from the heat and its help my foundation stay on a little longer.

I have Rosacea and the most important skin item for me is sunscreen. Because I have Rosacea I always have sunscreen on or something with an SPF. If I don't, I run the risk of some serious skin problems.  I’ve been using Supergoop! Everyday Sunscreen Broad Spectrum SPF 50, and the best thing about it is it doesn’t break me out and it’s oil-free! The only bad thing about it is there is a scent to it but it doesn’t last too long.

Eyes
Whether I’m driving, walking or in the sun for a few minutes, I have my sunglasses with me at all times. I have to be honest I wasn’t into the whole large lenses but they do protect my eyes from the sun.

Shorts

There is nothing like a good pair of shorts with some tennis shoes or Sperry’s. My favorite shorts are from J Crew the 4 inch. They’re not too short and not too long, their just right.

-Melissa 


No comments:

Post a Comment