Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Products I Bought Because of Bloggers and YouTube I Just Don’t Like





Let’s be real. Not everything a YouTuber or Blogger mentions is ‘holy grail’ status. These are those products that I just can’t get along with. I tired and tried but we just don’t like each other. It’s safe to say… it’s their fault (products) not mine. Right?

I will never understand why the rave about NYX Pencils. For me they just don’t last very long. Some of these pencils I had to sharpen to get color to come off and sometimes that didn’t even work. Yes, they are affordable but they are nearly as expensive as other cosmetics like Revlon and Maybelline. For a price that’s nearly similar I think they could up the game.

I tried and tried with Benefit’s POREfessional but it breaks me out. I have tried different foundations with it, I’ve tried it alone and the results are all the same. I don’t hate the EOS Lip Balm but the packaging is kind of weird. It’s a decent product but the application is just so weird. It’s so decent that I rather find something with better packaging a little cheaper.

No matter how hard I try me and the Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder cannot get along. I’ve used different brushes to apply this and it just cakes on my skin. I want to like it, I really do because it’s so affordable but it won’t work with me. I feel this one product is my biggest disappointment. I have really oily skin and I need something to eliminate the shine that I was hopping this was a good cheap alternative.

Bite lip products are a hit and miss. For me this particular one just didn’t work for me. I could have returned it but I bought it via mail and I felt kind of weird returning something that was on my lips.

With all the hype of Maybelline's Rocket Waterproof Mascara I expected a lot. I expect it to keep my lashes curled all day and it didn't. I didn't care for the effect it gave my eyes. I prefer a more natural look but I was willing to give this a try. My eyes just looked fake. 


I’m not trying to complain by any means; this is just my honest opinion. I really wanted these to work some more than others but it just didn't happen that way.


-Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment